SHIPPING AND RETURNS
SHIPPING & SALES POLICIES
These policies apply to Flash Equipment parts and products sold from www.flashequipment.com and www.vehiclewarninglights.flashequipment.com.
- Credit and Debit Cards
- American Express
- Purchase Orders from governmental institutions in the U.S. only
Credit and Debit Cards
If you are paying by credit or debit card, your statement will show a charge from FLASH EQUIPMENT.
Credit card information is stored using industry-standard strong encryption in our secure database.
All orders paid via credit or debit card are subject to billing address verification. The billing address is the address at which you receive your credit card statement and is on file with the bank. Orders with an unmatched billing address are subject to cancellation without notice.
Orders may require additional verification for one or more reasons, including using a different billing and shipping address.
To expedite the verification process, please ensure that the shipping address for the order is listed as an alternate address with your credit card company. If the shipping address is not listed on your credit card as an alternate address, we reserve the right to require additional documentation or cancel your order.
Our turnaround time to ship your order is normally within one business day. Shipping cutoff time is 1:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. There are some exceptions where an order may ship out later than one business day. If this is the case for your order, then the estimated delivery date presented at checkout will take the actual ship date into account.
You will receive a shipment tracking number for all domestic shipping options, UPS shipments, USPS Priority International and Express Priority International shipments.
Guaranteed, Express, and UPS shipping options do not ship to U.S. P.O. Boxes, APO, FPO, or DPO addresses. If you need to ship to a P.O. Box, APO, FPO, or DPO address, you must choose Standard as your shipping method.
Orders with a subtotal of $250 or greater may require a signature on delivery. You will be notified via email if your package requires a signature.
Flash Equipment’s warehouse is located in and ships from Sarasota, Florida.
If you live in the Sarasota area, you may arrange to pick up your order.
Local pickup is available for in-stock items currently for sale in our warehouse. Items not in our warehouse may take additional time to acquire and may or may not be available for pickup. Please contact us before placing your order to determine if the product you want is available for pickup.
We ship to all 50 states (including US territories and APO/FPO/DPO addresses).
COVID-19: Impact on Shipping
- Due to COVID-19, our shipping carriers can no longer guarantee a delivery date for our Guaranteed and Express shipping options.
- Please note that although packages shipped via Guaranteed or Express shipping should still arrive more quickly than packages shipped via Standard shipping, the exact delivery date cannot currently be guaranteed.”
We offer a few different levels of shipping. All available options for shipping will be presented during checkout. If it’s not present, it’s not available. Currently, we ship with UPS and USPS.
If you like things fast, this may be the shipping method for you. We offer UPS Ground, 2 Day or Overnight Shipping through UPS.
Flash Equipment is committed to providing excellent service and support for the global community. With that being said, international shipping can be complicated so we want to provide you as much information as we can. If after reading all of this, you have specific questions, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help you.
When using your credit card, you will be billed in USD Currency and your credit card company will bill you with your local currency at the current exchange rate.
International shipments may be subject to import taxes, duties and/or customs fees. These fees are the sole responsibility of the recipient. If a shipment is refused and returned, you will be responsible for any import taxes and/or return shipping costs incurred by Flash Equipment. These fees are specific for the destination country.
Check out the International Shipping FAQs for some of the common questions regarding international shipping.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING STATUS: WARNING
Please note that as the COVID-19 situation develops, international delivery speed and availability is variable and subject to change quickly. As part of COVID-19 prevention measures, some countries have limited available shipping options or have halted inbound shipping altogether. The shipping options shown at checkout on FLASHEQUIPMENT.COM reflect the current available shipping options for that country, and may not be completely reflective of the list below.
We want you to be happy about your purchase from Flash Equipment! Please contact our support department for an RMA number before sending anything back to us.
Contact us within 30 days, a return will be set up, but any shipping costs or coupons won’t be refunded. A small restocking fee may apply. Don’t refuse packages, it’s expensive for you.
- Arrangements for a return must be made within 30 days of the date the order is received (this isn’t when the order was placed mind you, but when the package arrives in your hands.)
- Returned items that are not defective may be charged a minimum restocking fee of 20% and shipping will not be refunded.
- Unless explicitly stated by Flash Equipment, any coupon codes provided for customer use are discounts for products, not shipping.
- RMA numbers are valid for 30 days from the date of issue. We ask that you send it back within 7 days. All packages received without an RMA number will be charged a 25% restocking fee ($5 minimum).
- Rejecting receipt of a package is considered returning the package without an RMA number and may be charged up to a 25% restocking fee.
- Original and return shipping charges for any non-defective returns are the sole responsibility of the customer. If we are at fault, Flash Equipment will provide a return shipping label and/or (with Flash Equipment’s prior consent) reimburse return shipping charges for non-expedited, trackable shipping methods.
- Any shipping and/or customs charges billed to an Flash Equipment shipping account and not explicitly authorized by Flash Equipment will be billed to the customer.
- If a defective part was reported and a label was sent out to you but it comes back fully functional or damaged, then the charge for the label will be deducted from the refund.
- If a return does not come back in the condition it was sent out in (i.e. a torn cable, cracks, scratches, used adhesive, etc.) a refund may be denied (or additional charges may apply), and the item can be sent back out to you at your expense. If your part doesn’t qualify for a refund, we will reach out to you, and if there is no response within 7 days, the part will be properly recycled. This 7 days also applies to items returned to us that include original pre-installed components transferred over to them.
- Refunds will be issued to the original payment method. If that payment method is no longer valid, we can issue store credit. We are unable to issue refunds to a different payment method.
- We do not do exchanges. If you mistakenly ordered the wrong part we cannot exchange it for you. You may place a new order for the correct part whenever you like and request to return the incorrect part back to us within 30 days of receiving it.
- Removing the Flash Equipment tamperproof sticker does not void the warranty per se, but it may delay return processing and in some cases it may result in return processors not being able to verify the part as an Flash Equipment part. However, returns for a refund of parts that have been unpackaged which do not bear the Flash Equipment tamperproof sticker may be denied or issued store credit in lieu of a refund to the original form of payment.
- Rejecting receipt without consent or unauthorized redirection of the package (i.e., package is returned due to failure to make proper arrangements with the shipping carrier during Customs/delivery process) may be subject to a 25% restocking fee ($5 minimum) on top of any return fees. Any fees or shipping charges incurred by the unauthorized return of the package will be re-billed to the customer in the form of a deduction from any applicable refund amount. In cases where a rejected package costs more than the order itself, a refund is not possible.
- Flash Equipment is not liable for reimbursing third party costs as we facilitate customers to be able to do repairs themselves to save on labor.
- If in doubt, please contact us and we’ll do our best to get you taken care of.
Information about the warranties we offer for our products can be found here.
If you are a reseller, wholesaler, government agency or a school district, then you may be eligible for tax exemption.
If you have an up-to-date tax exemption certificate, please email it to email@example.com
Otherwise, we will need the following up-to-date documents emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the account can become tax-exempt:
1. A completed copy of the tax exemption forms for each state where your orders will be shipped and where you have tax exempt status.
If you reside in one of the following states, then your order may be subject to sales tax based on your shipping address. The tax amount will be calculated and displayed during the checkout process.
If you are tax-exempt and your checkout estimate shows sales tax, then please see above for instructions on setting up your account to be approved for tax-exemption.
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
Flash Equipment may, at its sole discretion, refuse or cancel any order and/or limit order quantity. Flash Equipment reserves the right to accept or decline the order at any time for any reason. Communication from or with Flash Equipment does not guarantee that an order will be fulfilled. If Flash Equipment cancels or modifies an order after you have already been billed, Flash Equipment will refund the full amount owed for the products not fulfilled.